Want to be a Coach or volunteer? Interested in helping out with a program? Follow the steps below to complete the required paperwork. Links are provided in each step. These certifications/requirements should be completed prior to coaching or volunteering for any sports program.
In addition to these state requirements you will need to create and complete a MyOHSAA account. The athletic director will send an invitation e-mail which will include a link to set up the account – the link is time sensitive. As a coach you will need to create a Final Forms account used for rosters, uniforms and communication.
Before you begin please review this information.
Ohio Department of Education (ODE) – Coaching Permit guidelines OH/ID information – you will need to have your OH/ID account to access some of the following training requirements.
Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA) – Coaching/Volunteer requirements
- BCI/FBI Background Check (Huber Heights BMV, Miami County Educational Service Center, Troy)
- Results should be sent to Bethel Local Schools, 7490 S State Route 201, Tipp City, OH 45371
- Pupil Activity Permit (ODE – OH/ID)
- Application for your PAP can be submitted through your ODE – OH/ID Account.
- Will be approved AFTER all other requirements have been fulfilled.
- A hard copy must be on file in the District Office 937-845-9414
- Fundamentals of Coaching
- Fundamentals of Coaching Certification can be completed at the NFHS Learn website.
- Approx. 4-5 hours * does not have to be completed in one session
- Concussion in Sports
- Concussion Certification can be completed at the NFHS Learn website.
- Approx. 30 mins
- Cost: FREE
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- CPR classes provided by Kettering Sports Medicine
- First Aid and Safety – Pupil Activity Class
- First Aid and Safety classes provided by Kettering Sports Medicine
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest (ODE – OH/ID – Learning Management System)
- NEW! Lindsay’s Law – Sudden Cardiac Arrest training is found through the Learning Management System in your ODE – OH/ID Account.
- Approx. 20 mins
- Cost: FREE